Driving a hydrogen future | Daimler Truck AG & Volvo Group launch cellcentric 29 Apr 2021
Cellcentric is a pioneering joint venture formed to enable hydrogen fuel-cell powered C02 neutral transportation.
To mark this milestone, Martin Daum, Chairman of the Board of Management Daimler Truck AG & Member of the Board of Management Daimler AG, and Martin Lundstedt, Volvo Group President and CEO, will – for the first time since the initial partnership announcement in April 2020 – together outline the aims and ambitions of this new 50:50 joint initiative. Also, they will elaborate on the necessary deployment of truck-suitable hydrogen fueling infrastructure and a policy framework that makes zero-emission technologies the best option for truck customers.
Daimler Truck AG is fully committed to the Paris Agreement. Having CO2-neutral transport on the road by 2050 – battery-electric or with hydrogen-powered fuel-cells – is our ultimate goal. In the second half of this decade, Daimler Truck AG will add series production fuel-cell trucks to its range of electric vehicles. After celebrating the world premiere of the fuel-cell concept truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 Truck in 2020, launching cellcentric is another important milestone for us on our journey.
Martin DaumChairman of the Board of Management of Daimler Truck Holding AG
Martin Daum was born on October 28, 1959, in Karlsruhe, Germany. After graduating from high school in 1978, he did an apprenticeship as a banker. Post his apprenticeship, in 1980, he studied economics at the University of Mannheim, Germany, and graduated with a master’s degree in economics in 1985. After two years of working as a Management Consultant, he joined the then Daimler-Benz AG in 1987.
- Chairman of the Board of Management, Daimler Truck Holding AG, since 2021
- Chairman of the Board of Management, Daimler Truck AG, since 2019
- Member of the Board of Management, Daimler Trucks and Buses, Daimler AG, 2017 until 2021
- Executive Vice President, President & CEO, Daimler Trucks North America LLC, 2009
- Vice President, Operations Mercedes-Benz Trucks, Daimler AG, 2006
- Vice President, Product Unit Unimog, Special Vehicles & Controlling, Daimler AG, 2003
- Director, Controlling Mercedes-Benz Trucks, Daimler AG, 2002
- Director, Strategy CVD, DaimlerChrysler AG, 2001
- Director, General Manager Finance and Administration, Sterling Corporation, Willoughby, Ohio USA, 1997
- Director, Project Manager Controlling Light Truck Concept, Daimler-Benz AG, Portland, USA, 1996
- Senior Manager, Commercial Director, debis Marketing Services GmbH, 1992
- Senior Manager, Assistant to the Board Member Trading and Marketing Services, debis AG, 1990
- Manager, Sales Organization Overseas/Sales Companies Overseas, Daimler-Benz AG, 1988
- International Management Associate Program, Daimler-Benz AG, 1987
Jochen GoetzMember of the Board of Management of Daimler Truck Holding AG, responsible for Finance and Controlling
Jochen Goetz was born on April 6, 1971 in Rastatt, Germany. After school in Gaggenau and training as an industrial merchant at the former Mercedes-Benz AG, he studied in parallel government and economics at the Academy for Administration and Business in Karlsruhe from 1994 to 1998, graduating with a degree in business administration.
- Member of the Board of Management, Finance & Controlling, Daimler Truck Holding AG, since 2021
- Member of the Board of Management, Finance & Controlling, Daimler Truck AG, since 2019
- Executive Vice President, Finance & Controlling Daimler Trucks & Buses, Daimler AG, 2018
- Vice President, Finance & Controlling Daimler Trucks & Buses, Daimler AG, 2015
- Director, Controlling & Reporting Mercedes-Benz Cars, Daimler AG, 2013
- Director, Finance & Controlling Trucks NAFTA, Daimler Trucks North America LLC, 2012
- Director, Controlling Operations Truck Powertrain, Daimler AG, 2012
- Director, Controlling DT Axles & Transmissions / Integration TM, Daimler AG, 2009
- Senior Manager, Finance Trucks Europe / Latin America, Daimler AG / DaimlerChrysler AG, 2004
- Senior Manager, Reporting Actuals, DaimlerChrysler AG, 2003
- Manager, Controlling / Target Planning MB Trucks, DaimlerChrysler AG, 2001
- Department Controlling Unimog, Daimler-Benz AG, 1998
- Product Controlling Unimog, Mercedes-Benz AG, 1992
- Trainee for industry merchant, Mercedes-Benz AG, 1987