As a pioneer of transportation, Daimler Truck continues to shape the future of transportation today. To do that, we are investing several billion euros in research and development every year. And we are investing in you — in highly motivated people who want to combine their scientific research with practical work.
What we have to offer
Would you like to write your doctoral dissertation in cooperation with Daimler Truck? We offer you an international network of experts, research materials, insights into our work, and a personal mentor who will serve as your contact partner in addition to your doctoral advisor at your university. Write your doctoral dissertation at a renowned university with Daimler Truck as your non-academic partner — and draw on the know-how of a globally operating group.
We offer you ideal conditions for your research project:
- A two to three-year job contract
- A Welcome Day on which you get to know the company and other doctoral students
- An interdisciplinary qualification program for your personal development
- A doctoral student marketplace where you can present your dissertation and share ideas with colleagues
- Participation in forums, specialist presentations, and fireside chats
- Flexible time management so that you can talk with your professor in person or take on teaching and examination tasks
- Optimal networking opportunities
What are the benefits? You will receive scientific advice, conduct practical research at the company, gather project and professional experience, and create your personal network for a successful future.
What we expect of you
To be eligible, you need to have earned a university degree with above-average grades. You also need a high level of motivation and a fervent desire to shape the future of transportation. We want to have doctoral students who work proactively and with a sense of responsibility, and we look forward to working closely with your doctoral advisor in support of your dissertation.
Note regarding the application process in Germany
Applicants from non-EU countries need a residency permit and a work permit.