Put our cars through their paces. Diagnose defects and malfunctions and rectify them. Work with cutting-edge measurement analysis and test engineering technology.
During your apprenticeship, which lasts a maximum of three and a half years, you are trained in the key areas of passenger cars, commercial vehicles, or systems and high-voltage technology, depending on your location. You are responsible for the assembly, disassembly, servicing and maintenance of the vehicles in question and the installed assemblies and systems, based on your main area of specialism. Mechatronic systems such as braking or steering systems, automatic transmissions, chassis systems, and engine management are characterized by the complex interaction of electronics and mechanics they involve. You should therefore be confident with automotive mechanics and automotive electronics (mechatronics).
Learn to service and repair motor vehicles and their systems. Use technical manuals and computer-assisted diagnostic equipment to check and analyze the performance of electric/electronic, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems. Learn to recognize defects and malfunctions and how to rectify them. Service vehicles and their systems, put them in operation and test whether they meet road traffic regulations. We also teach you how to handle and advise internal and external customers.
Want to apply? Find all the latest Motor vehicle mechatronics technician positions via our job search.
- Augsburg, Mercedes-Benz Truck & Bus Center
- Bremen, Mercedes-Benz Truck & Bus Center
- Dortmund, Mercedes-Benz Truck & Bus Center
- Frankfurt am Main, Mercedes-Benz Truck & Bus Center
- Hamburg, Mercedes-Benz Truck & Bus Center
- Kassel, Mercedes-Benz Truck & Bus Center
- Mannheim, EvoBus GmbH
- Mannheim, Mercedes-Benz Plant
- Neu-Ulm, EvoBus GmbH
- Neu-Ulm, Mercedes-Benz Truck & Bus Center
- Nuremberg, Mercedes-Benz Truck & Bus Center
- Reinfeld, Mercedes-Benz Truck & Bus Center
- Reutlingen/Tübingen, Mercedes-Benz Truck & Bus Center
- Weiterstadt, Mercedes-Benz Truck & Bus Center
- Wörth, Mercedes-Benz Plant
Technical vocational training procedure
You learn all important basics in the training workshop for your training profession and in projects and come into contact with state-of-the-art technology from the very beginning. After basic training, you will strengthen the content you have learned in operations, such as in our production, the service areas and in different projects - the ideal combination of theory and practice.
After half of the training period, you will submit your interim exam/final exam part 1. At the end of your training, the final exam/final exam follows part 2 - and you are an expert of your subject.